Wednesday, September 29, 2010

End of September

September is over tomorrow. The weather is still pretty warm for Wyoming this time of year. The girls and babies are out grazing today, though I don't see much to eat out there. Last night the babies were nibbling on weeds in the corral. (Bad) There are still grasshoppers all over the place and they have eaten all of my flowers. Tomorrow, I'll let the boys out--they have a much larger pasture, including places that had not been grazed for five or six years.  The babies are growing amazingly fast. The first ones born this year are almost three months old and don't really look like babies anymore. One more to be born, and I really hope it's a girl. But things are quiet around here, especially with John (husband) out of town for a few days. The dogs are moping, I'm moping, and I'm too bored to do much law work today. It's a heartbreakingly pretty day, in the way that only fall days can be. The good weather is soon to end, I guess. If we didn't need rain or snow so much, I'd hope for another mild winter unlike the one we had last year.
September 29, 2010, Arroyo Seco Alpacas.

No comments:

Post a Comment